We are a thinking, welcoming people worshiping God through a traditional liturgy that connects us back to centuries of Christian practice. Looking forwards and back, St. Francis’ provides the best of both worlds. Everyone is welcome at God’s table: no application form required.
St. Francis’ Episcopal said goodbye to The Rev. Beth Sherman on May 20th with a moving Pentecost service, followed by a festive coffee hour. Much fun was had the previous night at the dance party. The vestry and the diocese will be working busily to choose an interim rector. In the meantime, please contact Keith Smith in the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or Senior Warden Diane Dick at email@example.com if you have questions. The Rev. Dominic George and The Rev. Bob Kossler will lead our services during this time.
We have lots of videos from the various festivities available. Click here to watch.
Photos from the farewell activities:
Jumble Sale 2018!!!
The St. Francis Jumble Sale will be held Saturday, June 9th, from 10am-1pm. The leftover sale will be held on Sunday, June 10 from 11am-12noon sharp during coffee hour!
- Sign up now for your golden opportunity to sell some of your gently used items to benefit your bank account and St Francis fundraising efforts. We ask for a donation of a minimum of 10% of your profit to benefit the operating expenses of St Francis. You may have one or two tables.
- If you have items that you would like to donate to the St Francis table, where all of the profits will benefit our church, please bring them in on Friday, or call Wendy and she will pick up your donation Friday afternoon from your home!
- Please note the gold glittered poster in the Parish Hall so that you may sign up for your family’s table, or to take a one hour shift to help manage the St Francis table, or help out at the refreshment table!
- There will be donuts and coffee sold to our customers, let us know if you are interested in helping Claudia with the refreshment table
- Sign up to post some flyers on Ocean Ave and West Portal
- This sale will be publicized in tandem with the Ingleside Terraces Homeowners Association! A map will be made of all of the neighborhood households participating in the sale, and our St Francis 399 San Fernando Way address will also be placed on that map. Publicity will be placed on flyers posted on Ocean Ave and West Portal, and in the Westside Observer, Ingleside Light, Nextdoor, and other publications!
Gift Cards for Graduates and Teachers Available During Coffee Hour
With end of the year school gifts coming up, don’t forget the St. Francis’ Gift Card Program. We now have available for instant sale the following: Starbucks $5, $10, and $25; Target $10 and $25; Safeway $10, $25, and $100; Whole Foods $100; Amazon $25; and Sees Candies $19.60 for a one pound box.
See Claudia Quinn at coffee hour. These cards are available now–no preordering necessary! Just pay face value for the cards with a check or cash. As always, you can also order cards online. Most of the cards can be printed out within minutes to use at your convenience. Click here for the order form and for instructions for paying online.
Sound Mandala on Friday, June 29th at 7:30 pm
Go to lorielstarr.com for more info or find the item in the May PAX, including a link to buy tickets online.
The May PAX is Here!
La Fiesta Noventa: Celebrating our 90th Year!
Ongoing at St. Francis:
Children and Youth Programs
Our Godly Play group meets at 10 am on Sundays in the courtyard classroom. For ages K-5th grade, this gathering uses a Montessori-style method to bring the biblical stories to life. A new Tween and Teen Youth Group is also meeting at the same time in the Guild Hall for games, food, and discussions about real-life stuff. This group will also learn about the Bible and how its principles affect our lives. Topics include parents, social media, friendships, Jesus, trusting God, and dealing with doubt, fear, and stress. Contact the office if you have questions.
Adult Bible Study
Meets at 9am on Sundays in The Guild Hall.
Yoga with Mara
Saturdays: Level II Active and Awake at 8am; Level I at 9:15am; Gentle Yoga at 10:30am.
Gift Card Fundraiser
Support St. Francis’ Episcopal and do your shopping at the same time. Look here.
Amazon Smile Fundraiser
Help support St. Francis while shopping at Amazon through the AmazonSmile program. You still use your usual password and still get all the benefits of Amazon Prime. Click here for detailed directions.
Click here for a slideshow of a year in the life of St. Francis’ Episcopal!
Spiritual but not religious? Come see what you are missing. We look forward to welcoming you!
We choose to follow Jesus and his teachings. We embrace community and action, informed by the life of St. Francis.